View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #16
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

BTW to original thread author Gary, not trying to derail your post. That is one heck of a stately looking bobcat. I have seen a few but not many in the Southeast. The one big problem we have are the feral hogs that are out of control and no real natural predators to keep them in check. A few more Bobcats down here working on some piglets might be the ticket. Maybe we need to import some. I'll tell you what there are parts of the rural SE you don't walk around without a gun, especially in low light, some of those hogs are mean and very dangerous. Have not heard of a mauling yet but its a matter of time.

Once went on a boon doggle to Cabin Bluff on Georgia Coast. Hunting quail and other things. They wanted to know if we would like to shoot pigs. I said sure. They handed me a 270 and two boxes of shells and told me to get in that stand and don't come down until we come for you. They said no matter the size if its got a curly tail shoot it. I thought for sure I was going to be shooting pigs, the field was all torn up and rutted and rooted by pigs but none showed up. The quail guides despised the hogs with a passion, seems one of the boars cut one one of their bird dogs pretty bad and they were on the war path.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote