View Single Post
Order your new Parker now!
Unread 02-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,596 Times in 3,087 Posts

Default Order your new Parker now!

You've just been awarded $721.00 in 1927 dollars to apply to the order of a new Parker shotgun. It's time to place your order. Parker Brothers has sent you a catalog, price list and an order form (and some additional information on ordering a small bore Parker if you are so inclined). What would you order? If you could only have made to order one Parker Shotgun, what would it be. It's not a matter of what would cost the most, or be the most collectable down the road, this is a question of what one shotgun you would most like to have, and, I assume, use.

This is a not-so-well disguised poll, and I'd like to compile and report back the results (assuming enough of you will play along). To make things easier, please list the following details for your "order."

-Year of manufacture (I just had the 1927 catalog handy, but you can order your gun from WHATEVER YEAR you choose)

-Model (T-Latch to Hammerless ejector, whatever was made during the year you ordered from)

-Gauge (available in the year of your choosing)

-Frame size

-Chamber length (for shells available at the time...if you know this information)

-Barrrel material (Damascus, Whitworth, etc.)

-Length of barrel/s (you only get one set (or one barrel if a single barreled gun) -- no two barrel sets...I want to see what "comes to the top")

-Stock configuration (Straight/splinter, Capped Pistol/beavertail, etc.)

-Triggers (one or two)

-Gun weight (use your knowledge of what Parker did -- and could -- produce in the gauge and configuration you are ordering)

-Length of pull

-Drop (at the heel is enough, just so we can see if lower or higher shooting guns are preferred)

-Special order features (grade different barrel metal, special engraving if available in your desired model, recoil pad, etc...IF it was available in the year of your order)

-Purpose/use of your gun (Waterfowl, Upland birds, trap, etc. -- be as specific or general as you choose)

I hope you'll "order" your new gun soon! Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5578.jpeg (297.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5582.jpeg (230.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5581.jpeg (281.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5575.jpeg (165.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5585.jpeg (209.7 KB, 5 views)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: