View Single Post
Old Dominion...Returning
Unread 03-02-2016, 06:11 AM   #1
Wayne Johnson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Old Dominion...Returning

Greetings again. I was here a few years ago when I purchased a rather beat up Trojan. I never really warmed up to that gun, so when a "personal economic downturn" hit, I didn't really mind selling it.

Flash forward to yesterday. I hadn't thought much about a Parker until yesterday when I saw one on the pegboard behind the counter at a new to me anyway gunshop in town. I checked it out once, and put it back before I got attached to it. Then my wife walked up and I had to show it to her...HEY! She asked about it. I looked it over again. Then handed it back.

Store owner walks up. Wife asks about the gun. Owner says it's been refinished, but the refinish was well done. And it is in fine shape mechanically. I could tell that...a nice solid "CLUNK" when the action closed. Owner looks at the tag...does some stuff on the computer...says "I can let it go for XXX." Wife says "Why don't you at least put it on layaway? (to owner) You've got layaway don't you?" Owner says, "Sure we do."

<Sigh> Who am I to argue with my wife? She's going to win anyway.

So, now I have a nicely refinished 1921 Trojan (12 ga, 2 3/4, 28", M/F) in a layaway bin with my name on it.

And I'm back reading up on these things again.

Crappy cell phone picture before it got carried off to the bin.

John 3:16 NKJV

Last edited by Wayne Johnson; 03-02-2016 at 08:28 AM..
Wayne Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wayne Johnson For Your Post: