View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2016, 03:01 PM   #29
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Kirk, it's hard to find low pressure loads and or 3/4 or 7/8oz loads. I get primers for 112/5000, powder 108/8lbs, wads 85/5000, and shot for 35/25lbs. I can load 3/4oz 12ga shells for around 3.50/25. Once you accumulate enough stuff you can reload about anything you want, not wait for it to go on sale, or hunt around for some special load you want. Try finding 10ga 2 7/8" shells. I can load them for just a bit more [ I get free once fired shells ] at 1oz because the wads cost more. Kirk, go ahead and sub in fiber wads for plastic, your pressure will drop because the gas seal is not as good. Circlefly has what you need. Get some .125 over powder cards, 1/2 " fiber cushion wads, and might as well get some .028 over shot cards in case you want to roll crimp - they look really cool - amaze your friends with them. Get the 1/2" cushion wads so you can split them to get the right height of your components for a good crimp. CFs web site has reloading info. Bill, that's why I put a screw through the spacer and shell plate - the shell plate would want to come up sometimes on the up stroke after the final crimp after I straightened the tabs. That's why I use the CBers wad - much cheaper than BPI wads. Your right about the CB-0175 wad - makes a nice 3/4oz load. Kirk, if you can't find 3/4oz loads for a powder you can get just use the data for 7/8oz load and go to 3/4oz. CBers has a paper with the wads giving different loads with different powders. Win, Rem, Cheddite primers and a couple of others will all load the same. The Fed 209A and CCI 209M are hot primers and you'll have to drop about .5 grs if subbing one of them.