View Single Post
UK Based Parker Collectors
Unread 06-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
Sanjay B
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default UK Based Parker Collectors

Hi all, new member here.

I'm a younger shotgun/firearm collector (and hunter/shooter) in the UK. I was born in Boston, MA, and one of my older shooting friends thought I should therefore have an American-made double. He has given me the following Parker as a gift, but did advise me to trade it for something if I couldn't get on with it!:

2.5" chamber, 13.5" LOP, heavy drop, toprib extension, double triggers, automatic safety. "Parker Bros" 12 bore BLNE

VH grade (marked Vulcan Steel on the barrel) 12 gauge Parker with a size 2 frame from 1911 (dated from serial number)

The bore is bright, with very light pitting. The action is tight, and the gun is nitro proofed. There is frosting and light marks to the furniture and external metal components.

There is no case hardening at all, which is not a surprise, but the barrels have 99% of their bluing. The stock is short at 13 1/2”.

It has marks from handling, cabinet wear etc. Non ejector, 2.5" chambers, 30” barrels.

I was wondering how original you chaps think this might be? Obviously it has been reproofed under the british system, so that's a change - but were they made with stocks this short? It is far too short for me to shoot right now - I have tried, and the balance is all wrong (I'm 6'2", and it is unusual).

I was wondering if there were any UK Based Parker collectors/collectors of American Doubles? Would love to discuss this gun with them, and see if there were many other US doubles over here.

Best wishes,

Sanjay
MR SANJAY BHATTACHARYA is offline   Reply With Quote