View Single Post
*** 1878 12 Bore Lifter ***
Unread 12-08-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
Ray Walker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default *** 1878 12 Bore Lifter ***

This is a new to me 0 Grade lifter . No. 2 frame with 30” Damascus marked barrels that ring true .Nice shiny bores with just a couple small pits . On face and very solid overall. Wood fits tight and is free of cracks . Checkering is excellent and well defined. Serial #13076.
Picked her up at a local shop it had just come in with a bevy of other guns from a WW 1 veterans estate . It was covered with dust and some mold. It honestly looked bad but the bore looked clean . I took a chance and picked it up for $350 out the door. I spent a couple hours cleaning it up carefully as to not harm any of the underlying finish that had patina. I think it cleaned very nicely and I am thrilled with the purchase. This is my first lifter and I do plan on shooting it .

I have a couple other later Hammerless Parker’s so this is not my first Parker. I am however not familiar with the Lifter models. I’m am curious as to the value in the current market ?

Also since I plan on shooting it any advice on do and donuts or care for the lifter model would be greatly appreciated.
Ray Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ray Walker For Your Post: