View Single Post
Hello from Mississippi
Unread 01-02-2022, 11:48 PM   #1
Ray Dunkum
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Hello from Mississippi

Thanks for the add. the information that is shared on these pages are a wealth of information to Parker owners, collectors and people who appreciate the Parker Shotgun. My Parker collecting began in 1962 at the age of 12 when a AH Grade 16 gauge was left to me in the will of my childhood neighbor . Charles Oscar Petherbridge was the Owner of the house my family rented and with no children nearby I followed Mr. Petherbridge [Pappy] around daily as he maintained the farm he owned in Norfolk County [Chesapeake] Va. My Grandfathers had passed in the 50's and Pappy stepped in. Those days on his farm I will always remember . After his death his Parker sat at the top of my little gun rack, in a special place. Not much info was available, back then until I found Peter Johnson's book on the Parker and realized how special a gift Pappy had left me. Sadly, I went off to the USN in 1968 and our house was broken into and my Parker was stolen. Now lets move forward to 2021 to a Military Collectors show in Tn. and there sets Serial #81205 in very sad shape. It was had for 450 and underneath all the crud and incorrectly browned barrels there sleeps a 30" GH 12gauge. It closes tight on face. Barrels look good inside but an expert will make a future evaluation. A little corrosion near the muzzles. Case coloring is all but gone and the receiver has some light pitting .Wood appears tight but lots of oil. My phone is horrible for pictures but I will get some posted. Gentlemen many of you have Parker expertise far above me. I promise to not bugger up screw heads attack with a torch or use harsh or destructive chemicals and I can disassemble the majority of this weapon without assistance . Still some of the major work I cannot do and will have to seek help. Any suggestions and all advise is welcome . Thanks again for access to this knowledge bank.
Raymond Dunkum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raymond Dunkum For Your Post: