View Single Post
English Setter - Looking for love!
Unread 01-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
Jon Sheets
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default English Setter - Looking for love!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have been asked to serve as matchmaker for a very capable male English Setter.

Buddy (Thomas Adirondack Buddy) is a 4 year old, living on an estate near Bar Harbor, Maine. He was the pride of his original owner, John Cochran, now deceased. Mr. Cochran hunted Buddy on his private preserve in Downeast Maine. His current owner (John's nephew) is interested in breeding Buddy, but lives out of state and has asked me to help find a suitable female in New England.

I know Buddy was professionally trained, though I don't have the particulars. I have hunted with him, and he is exceptional in the field. We also hunted him with my Abby, and they worked well together.

I have a copy of Buddy's pedigree available. While I am no expert in Setter linage, it does list many readily recognizable dog and kennel names. Honestly, Mr. Cochran could afford the best, and it looks like it got it in Buddy.

Besides his field abilities, Buddy is well mannered, sweet, loving and always willing to please. Since Mr. Cochran's passing, Buddy has made the transition from kennel dog to house dog easily. His sweet, gentle, temperament is what one would expect in a Setter. I feel he would make an excellent stud for the right female.

Should anyone knows of a suitable female, now or in the near future, please PM me. Terms of breeding negotiable.

Thanks,
Jon Sheets
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0680.jpg (462.3 KB, 1 views)
Jon Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Sheets For Your Post: