View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2021, 05:49 PM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,872 Times in 4,755 Posts

My travelling group loved the motels, the restaurants, and the Sandanona facility. The icing on the cake was the Safari Outfitters store on the way in and the way out. The year Safari Outfitters chose to give up their display space at the Vintagers, Kim served breakfast and late lunch at her store, gratis, to anyone who chose to visit on their way in and out. What a great gesture. The British Sporting store was another great feature in Millbrook. One Friday, late afternoon, on our way to the Vintagers, my Suburban's air conditioner malfunctioned, and we pulled into British Sporting to rest up and cool off. I walked across the parking lot to the nearby Chevrolet dealer where some shop employees were hanging out. I told them my tale of woe and they told me they were closed for the weekend. One of them popped my hood and shook his head. He wrote a part description on a piece of paper and told me to give it to the desk attendant who was still at work. He retrieved a part from the parts department and handed it to me after I paid him a few bucks. I took it outside and the fellow quickly installed it on my truck. He wouldn't take any payment and we went on our way with a working air conditioner. I would give anything to go back to Millbrook for the Vintagers.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: