View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

Sandanona was home to the Vintage Cup for years and we had some of our best displays and shoots there. I was very sorry to see the Vintagers leave there for other locations. Big pluses are the courses themselves and the beautiful scenery; big downers are the lack of lodging and distances necessary to travel to them. As I recall there was one small motel in Millbrook and a very high end B&B with nice restaurant a little east and south of Sandanona. There were two very scary "Motel Hell" type places with about 10 or 12 rooms each, one south of Millbrook near the James Beard School of Cuisine just on the Taconic Parkway, the other due north of Sandanona in Amenia. Both were essentially dumps and you never knew what worked (TV, AC) or what was even there (Keurig etc.) from year to year. The two real highlights for me during our times there were dining with Researcher in the Mediterranean restaurant on the eastern outskirts of Poughkeepsie that was an old church. ( We opted for the cast iron paella croc with optional lobster bits and the house Sangria, which was excellent.), and the sale and purchase of two .410 Parkers back to back. Life comes at ya fast and sometimes you just gotta "bust a move"!

Last edited by Kevin McCormack; 04-19-2021 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: correct direction
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post: