View Single Post
Unread 06-29-2019, 02:46 AM   #14
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
As near as I can figure my friends SxS would have cost him about 16G's by the time it was finished . I'll refrain from naming the builder as I tend to think he was taking advantage of my friend . I think for a flinter double 8-10 G's is certainly in the spectrum .
I know a custom sxs builder who does both cartridge and muzzleloading sxs . He took on a build once for 10k and it ended up taking 1,000 hours to complete. He said he'd never build one again at that price . I appreciate the work that goes into making a good sxs . I have got to hold and shoot alot of fine sxs from when I worked on a quail plantation . The best looking sxs I seen was a Abercrombie & Fitch . I have never seen another A&F gun like it either . The stock looked almost as if it was solid ebony and it wasn't dark for years of oil either . The color case hardened was the most striking I have ever seen and the bluing on the barrels was dark as the abyss and very well polished . I have never seen another like it . Abercrombie and Fitch I believe they were just the importers wish I had known who made it .

Id say 99% of the clients we had wouldn't pay for than 5gs for a sxs or o/u . Beretta and browning were the most popular.
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Milton C Starr For Your Post: