View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2024, 09:19 AM   #9
ssgross
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hoover View Post
The safety is forced ON when cocking unless the safety selector is in the rear position which disengages the automatic safety.
Stan
Thank you for the reply. Not having the trigger block makes it hard realize. My plan there is to 3d-print a few just to check fit and function before I fabricate a steel one. 3d printing is much faster than filing and grinding I've made a few other missing parts, springs and bits, for other firearms this way when all I have to go off of is a relative picture. It's what we call in my day-job "fail fast".

What I'm seeing is that with the safety switch all the way forward, the word "safe" shows up in the window, and the safety bar is fully forward (cannot travel any further forward). Turning the top lever to the right pushes the safety bar to the rear, and the switch along with it until the word "safe" no longer shows. So I don't see how the safety comes "ON" when cocking by moving to the rear? I'll play around tonight and try to feel out the 3 positions - I had not seen that but now that you mention it, there are two little ripples on the safety bar where it connects to the selector switch, which with the v in the spring will make 3 positions. But is seems now safe is in the forward most position, not in the middle. There could be some significant adjustment needed, but I greatly hesitate to start stoning and bending that safety bar as a means of discovery...I doubt I will find another one. I suppose I can make a crude one for testing now that I have an original as a model. We'll see.
Samuel Gross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samuel Gross For Your Post: