View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #49
Duckman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
Thank you folks for showing some outstanding Parkers, notice I said "Parkers" because I believe they are, just a variation like Parker Brothers, Remington Parkers and Parker Reproductions guns. Some people have had Parker repros charcoal case colored and the heavy original finish stripped off to a hand rubbed lacquer and oil and the result is outstanding. So many Repros had outstanding wood and some have been expertly restocked with even better wood.

We have had Repros on the racks with original guns at exhibitions and its hard to tell the difference, I have to look closely. They are outstanding guns and if a person wants an 28ga, he would do well to look for a Repro.

And Greg, thanks particularly for showing the quilted claro stocked gun. I've not seen that wood variation before. Just great and I hope to see it in person.
I really appreciate your comments, Bruce. Many folks consider these red headed step children but they are what I could afford and I am certainly pleased with mine.
Here are some close ups of the recievers of my three showing Brad's work. My favorite is the 12 ga and it was Brad's as well. They are shown in oder, 12, 20, 28. He also re-cut the checkering and mullered the borders. Before I get comments, I can live with the screw allignment. They shoot just fine.
-plc-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0780.JPG (273.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0787.JPG (255.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0790.JPG (269.8 KB, 13 views)
Peter Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Clark For Your Post: