View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #24
Rocky Nivison
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
It's a J. Stevens for sure, I believe called the Riverside if memory serves. It's not a two finger gun, if you put both fingers inside the trigger guard the recoil of the first shot will make you pull the 2nd trigger everytime causing a double discharge. You put one finger inside at a time, that's just how it's done.

Destry
Thank you Sir,
I was just thinking about that. Maybe it’s the WW1 army version meant to pull both triggers every time because it sure fills good that way although the one that pulls the triggers may not fill so well. Or maybe it was meant for low brass loads because it would be faster and more accurate to get rid of that thumb switch if you could overcome double ignition. Whatever the case may be thank you very, very much and as soon as all this deer hunting is over with I am going to check it out. There could only be one thing more important than something like this and it is what may be down stream of one of these things and if I thought this old rabbit ear shotgun could handle supper X X 3 1/2” magnum 000 buck shoot I would love to try it out in the morning with 2 fingers.
Rocky Nivison is offline   Reply With Quote