View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2018, 09:08 PM   #20
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Bill, and anyone else who has an interest in who are past recipients of the Distinguished Service Award -

Go to the Home Page and on the left column, click on Awards & Recognitions.

About the fourth paragraph under the Distinguished Service Award you will see this....

Members of the PGCA who have received the Distinguished Service Award Pin have their names placed on an Distinguished Service Honor Roll to provide a permanent record of their extraordinary service to the Parker Gun Collectors Association.

when you click on Distinguished Service Honor Roll you will see all recipients of the DSA since its beginning in 2009.

The first year we had about ten people who received the award simply because some sort of recognition for these folks was long overdue.

Since that first year the PGCA awards the two nominees with the most nominations. You will see some years with three recipients.... This is because there was a tie for first of second position.

We use a well kept Excel spreadsheet for all of our tabulations in the selection of recipients. Remember, the DSA Committee are nothing more than record keepers and have nothing whatever to do with who is selected... the PGCA Members do the selecting by casting their nominations.

And to further answer your question Bill, I guess if some member thought strongly that other members should cast nominations for 'your guy' you could certainly ask some others to cast their nominations for him or her.
I'm not one for 'loading the ballot boxes' but if folks think that's the way to get your guy recognized - hey, it's your program - we just count the nominations.

Best, Dean

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote