View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,836 Times in 2,363 Posts

I have recorded a couple of recessed hinge-pin Sterlingworths with after-market single triggers, the Infallible by Lancaster Arms Co. and the Philadelphia Single Trigger Co. A.H. Fox Gun Co. didn't begin offering their Fox-Kautzky single selective trigger until 1914 by which time the Sterlingworth had a smooth hinge-pin. The AHFGCo. would fit the Fox-Kautzky single selective trigger to any Fox double old or new. The Sterlingworth was introduced in 1910.

Do you have a date for that Ballastite Squad No. 1 photo Drew? The photo is annotated Ballastite while the signs on the building and tree is Ballistite? Is that Tenth Grand American Handicap referred to on the signs the 1902 at live birds at Kansas City or the 1909 at inanimate targets? I believe the one gent standing has a Baker Gun Co. single barrel trap over his shoulder, which should make it 1909 or later. My take on that photo is one Winchester Model 1897, two Marlin pumps, one Baker single and the Parker Bros. double or remotely possible to be a Philadelphia Arms Co. Fox.
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Noreen For Your Post: