Thread: crow load
View Single Post
Crow Load
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
David Lien
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Crow Load

Charlie, I vote for every thing that Pete has said. My best crow load is a also in a ten ga. I like The alcan brass case with 1 1/2Oz. of of #3 and #5 shot for a "duplex load", ball powder and a shot cup that has been cut off from a PBD or Sami one wad. Like Pete, I will shoot a few 65 Yd. birds and some even futher on a clear day. I also load the same duplex load using #5 and "hard # 7 Remington shot (not 7 1/2s) with spreaders in place of the shot cup. Many times I will put the spreaders in the right barrel, and the shot cup loads in the left barrel. "Best of many worlds". A #4 NID Ithaca ten is now my dedicated crow gun.

I like what Pete said about the filler wads. I like to use cork wads for filler wads when I can get them. The Federal cases seem to work better for me as the Remington cases have a thinner head rim, and they must have a dozen different varaitions. (Look at the base wad). I do not know if the different base wads make a difference, but the book claims that it does. Different base wads equates to different preasure. The Remington cases are also differ in lengths Good luck
David .
David Lien is offline   Reply With Quote