Thread: Desireability
View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,756 Posts

Angel, regardless of the fact that your ten has 3" chambers, it is lumped in with the "short ten" category guns. Destry does own a real factory rebarrelled 3 1/2" ten that I had been looking at for some time before he wisely bit the bullet. My 3 1/2" ten is also a factory rebarrelled gun on a #6 frame but not marked with Remington chamber marks like Destry's. My gun was apparently rebarrelled in Vulcan Steel at Parker Brothers before the purchase by Remington. A friend has a CH Grade 3 1/2" ten that was also rebarrelled at Remington and marked. I looked at the ad for that gun in the Gun List, decided it had too many questions, turned it over to my friend. When it arrived, it turned out to be a 34" Bernard barrelled ten on a three frame with extra 34" Remington barrels, marked 3 1/2". Both sets of barrels are factory rib engraved with the owners' names, two generations of the same family. The gun also still has the original skeleton butt. If I were coming to Louisville, I would bring it. It is the only C Grade mag ten I have heard of and the only 34" mag ten, and one of two Bernard guns with names engraved on the ribs. It's some gun. You win some and you lose some.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote