Thread: Help wit id
View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2010, 05:06 AM   #33
mikael_kjaer
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Frank

I am still surprised find such a treassure the way i did, but on the other hand, when i talk with other hunters nobody know what a Parker is and stand for. Everybody knoes what a Parker and Hale is. Many people have tryed to correkt me when i tell the story "You must mean a Parker and Hale" they say. So i think nobody of the those who have had the gun in Denmark have had the knowledge of thr history and value of the gun, including my self. After i fund this webside I could not belive that I was in possession of a gun which is so rare.
And as you writhe about the odds, is is remarkabl. But never the less, it is the story so far.
I'm affraid that the way to find it's history, is to find the conection betwen "Lewald and Schleuters Company" and Europe or Denmark.
I wonder if the gun is ordered by eighter Lewald or Schleuters, to one of them selfs or it's a third person who has ordred the gun through Lewald and Schleuter?

I have tryed to find a way serach in Libraries and company rekords, but have not found anything yet, so if anybody have any information or knowledge about the company let me know.

Best regards

Mikael
mikael_kjaer is offline   Reply With Quote