View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #10
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
milt them ithaca magnums are real collectable too....i ve always wanted one but have not found one in my price range yet.... i too like splinter forearms.....hang in there theres a gun with your name on it out there maybe several.....charlie
I wonder how does the ithaca mag 10 sxs compare to the
beretta silver hawk 10 gauges ?

Charlie we have alot of water here for wildfowling lots of mini islands to hunt from as well on our 37,000 acre lake .Ive never hunted waterfowl locally but I probably would if i got a 10 ga 3.5

Charlie I think there is a ithaca nid 10 mag right now for 2900$ listed .
I dont look at grades really as a requirement when looking for big bore sxs .
Theres not many quailty made 10 gauge 3.5s on the market or made originally . I know theres the ithacas and the silver hawks . I see alot of the richland 711 10 ga up for sale . Have always wondered what one of those would look liked if restocked with better wood and classic dimensions like a splinter forend .

Theres a beautiful ph 10 ga parkers that has a nasty scratch on the breech end of the barrels I was looking at . Looks like a lion swiped at it , I was thinking perhaps if the barrels were reblued that it would be a beautiful gun again .

It seems to me while the 8 gauges are valuable they dont seem desirable , it seems like most of them sit around for years before someone picks them up .
I dont know if this is due to them not being legal to hunt waterfowl with or what . I think someone said in another post on here that 8 gauges are banned for hunting in 30 states .

My Dad has a friend with 4,000 acres so im going to see if i can get permission to hunt coyotes on his land with either the 8 ga or 10 .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote