View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2021, 12:29 AM   #3
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

Dean I useda 1 1/2 frame VH 12 shooting some RST 7 1/2 shot loads. I took 20 pigeons along and dizzied and planted 5 each for the older dogs. The other 5 I used my electronic pigeon trap for my pup Ollie’s one on one training. Ollie also ran with 2 of my older dogs when they each went out. I was able to get Ollie to back as well as getting her use to being on point, and having another dog come in and honor her.
Great day but I managed to miss two birds with both barrels.
These 2 pigeons I missed still ended up being a good training exercise as Ollie broke after the shots the first time and tried chasing the bird. Took a little correction but once stopped she watched the pigeon intently as it made several sweeping passes over the field.
The next time I miss with only a quick WHOA, and Ollie stood and only shifted her head around to watch the pigeon circle.
That’s a lot of temptation for a young dog. I could not be any happier with her ability to understand and obey commands.
Dean I must admit that Parker 12 is pretty heavy as a training gun but I wanted to shoot it after having some work done on it. Generally I prefer a light 20.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: