View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,425 Times in 686 Posts

Jeffrey:

The RST Falcon Lite 7/8ths-ounce loads that Harry recommends have worked well for me, too; and that includes when hunting, at least in deep woods “Upland”, where there are few long shots.

The British “2 ½-inch” Gamebore loads I bought many years ago, thinking they were needed for 2 ½-inch chambers, are too rough on my shoulder when shooting my 0-framed or 1-framed 16-gauge VH guns. I still have an unstable shoulder, having dislocated it many years ago in a home accident. (Alcohol was not a factor; arcing, errant 110-volt current was.)

You also might consider trying a flat of the RST 2 ½-inch Ultra Lite, 3/4-ounce loads when doing a lot of shooting, say multiple rounds of skeet or in sporting clays. They break as many clays for me as I am likely to with the 7/8ths-ounce loads, while saving the shoulder, averting flinch and keeping me in the game longer.

What are the chokes on your 1-framed 16? RST also makes 2 1/2 -inch, 7/8th-ounce Spreader loads, which I have yet to pattern and compare with the non-speader RST 7/8ths-ounce Falcon Lites.