View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2016, 11:20 PM   #17
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

"The only thing I need to insure we can obtain in order for this event to take place is a minimum of 3 Parker 8-bores (Jim Hall will bring his, Mills is giving the idea serious consideration; and it is at this point I need your assist. It is said Parker Bros made somewhere between 300 & 400 8 bores, so they are apparently not rare; therefore please talk up this idea with fellow PGCA members and see who would be willing to provide a "loaner" gun. Between Jim Hall of the PGCA, and Jim Stahl of the LCSCA we can get shells; just need a couple more guns. With at least 5-6 guns, we can keep a 5-stand event moving by co-mingling members from both organizations at the same time just as we presently do in our Event One Challenge qualifier. Tom"

I copied this from the LCSCA site. Tom Archer is asking for our help in making the 8 gauge event a success.
It is wrong of me to ask our members, as I do not own a 8 bore Parker and to be honest it would be hard for me to be willing to loan one out for folks to shoot at this event. But I am going to put this out there for all to see.
Please post a reply if you are interested in participating and esp if you would be willing to allow shooters to use your gun.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote