View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

The wife told me to buy another AR. So, being the good husband I am, off to the gun store. A new gun, ammo, clips, and a red dot sight - I was all set. I already have about 30#'s of powder, 10K/primers, 8K/wads, and 10 bags of shot. There's also plenty of 45, 380, 9mm, and 22 ammo. Then I trucked over to Bachelders with my 89 C grade Remington - it wouldn't close tight. I got the usual reply - " 40 years in the gun business and I've never seen this before ". The locking lug had a crack and was ready to break off. He said two weeks and a $175 it would be fixed. This is the same gun bought from out west that had some sort of small termite eat little lines in the wood from under the top lever to the trigger guard. After a shot I was hold the stock in my right hand and the rest of the gun in my left hand. He put it back together and you can't see where it was broken. Oh well, after relaying the ribs, redoing the barrels, and color case hardening everything, I've only got about 5K in the gun. Now this. Anyway, I'm pretty well set for guns and ammo.