View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #27
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bill you are right. Loading for my kimber 45 was fun and a get away from the hustle and bustle from the work day. I am sure this will be the same. I was just joking about cutting up factory shells for the components and I'm sure the recipe for those are in a vault somewhere. But I think I will try one of your loads and carvels I also got one from Paul I think I will try. Tom shared one with me I will share 2 1/2 rst hulls Winchester 209 primers 1 oz shot 20 gr. International clays gualandi gu 1222 wad 1200 fps at 6800 psi. Sounds like a great hunting load. Look above for locating the wad. My gun has 30 inch barrels with full and mod. I think. I know I have a full. So for skeet I may look for a 3/4 or 78 load with fiber wad for a bigger pattern. A gunsmith who is well known down here Saadi he could lengthen the cones and open the chokes. But I can't change anything about this gun. I know as far a Sxs its a plane Jane gun but it's my first. Feels great and I feel the same when I'm shooting it. By the way no I won't ever shoot steel. I bought 4 boxes of bismuth from rst at $60 a pop. Just so I wouldn't be setting on the bank this fall with nothing in my hands anyone that might have a good lp fiber wad 3/4 or 7/8 oz. let me know. I'm not good enough of a shot for 1/2 oz. Yet . Anyway have a great day. See you in the field
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote