View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #7
Gerald McPherson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well I looked inside and now I think there is a lot going on that is not visible even with the side plates removed concerning ejectors. I have never owned but one Lefever and it was an a grade 16 ga or was it called Grade A many years ago. Anyway I have been researching this HE grade for several days and I am finding more info on this site than elsewhere. Here are some things I have learned. Built around 1903. 2 5/8 in chambers. .667 in. bore. Right barrel is cylinder left is improved cylinder.Min. wall right 45 thou. left 35 thou. 26 inch barrels. XX for small frame. Seems Lefever referred to these as Brush Guns. The quality used to produce these old guns is amazing.It is obvious this gun was very used through through the years. The checkering has held up extremely well and I understand the wood is English walnut. Any comments appreciated still looking for more info. My quail hunting buddy Roy for many many years used a Grade A 16 ga with open chokes. Another friend Pete after hunting with Roy one day was very upset He said Roy killed nine birds while he was trying to catch his dog. I sure miss those fellows. Gerald.
Gerald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gerald McPherson For Your Post: