View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
Copper John
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Looking forward to seeing pictures--I have a DHE 16 w/ straight grip that weighs 6 lbs . what length barrels ? There are some talented guys out there that could probably make you happy, Mark Larson out in Oregon comes to mind--he has a nice website, Google it.
Finding any grouse in Ohio?? I hunt Belmont, Jefferson, and Monroe counties and find very few birds, and decline to shoot those I find, but doubt my conservation efforts would have any effect.

I have never hunted Grouse in Ohio. I am actually living in northern Michigan now. I have heard that SE Ohio used to be wonderful when all the farms in the hills were overgrowing. I was in athens last year and I don't know that I saw a single spot of secondary growth forest.

My barrels are 28" how about yours? Would love to see your gun as well. What adorns your floor plate?

John
"Everybody knows that the autumn landscape in the northwoods is the land, plus a red maple, plus a ruffed grouse. In terms of conventional physics, the grouse represents only a millionth of either the mass or the energy of an acre. Yet subtract the grouse and the whole thing is dead." - Aldo Leopold
John Nagel is offline   Reply With Quote