View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Wes: One bird this province has plenty of is Huns. We did not have a great spring but I see pairs here and there out for the dog walks. If you have a local contact in the area you are hunting, you should have good luck. Where will you be hunting? Right about then I will be fly fishing in Alberta for mountain stream trout. My passion though is wild pheasant. (Sneaking that limit of roosters in here. They were taken with one of the guns I inherited from Dad. At the time, the family Parker was out of service and my "new" one had not yet arrived, so I am taking the liberty to display an autoloader but hope to repeat the image this fall with a good condition Parker VH on it's way here) I take a few huns and sharptails but don't go looking for them, they just pop up from time to time in my pheasant haunts. The image between the ptarmigan and the snow geese is a hun flushing from cattails. Had I caught it above or below the background trees, it would be more obvious.

Cheers, Jack

Last edited by Jack Cronkhite; 06-16-2009 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: hopefully re-align photos
Jack Cronkhite is offline   Reply With Quote