View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #30
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,862 Times in 4,751 Posts

Tom, the "game warden" that used to hang out around the parking area seemed to be the kind of guy who would keep the cats in check. One day, I met him out on the road and stopped to chat. I had left the tailgate up on my truck while I hunted around the road. We were about 200 yards from the truck, chatting, and I quietly said "kennel" to Eva. She ran to the truck and jumped in. I could have blown that guy away with a breath. In the seventies, my brother in law and I hunted that property and found four or six big covies a day. The pressure was very light because the cover was very thick. My brother in law lived in an enormous old farmhouse on the river on Schiffeley Mill Road, so was only three or four miles from the property. His duck boat was moored at his back gate and we hunted ducks on the river before work as many days a week as we chose. Hurricane Agnes ran him out of that great property, but he was relocated across River Road by the Feds to a very nice home about a half mile from the river.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote