Thread: Doubling?
View Single Post
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
Tony Guccioni
Forum Associate

Member Info

Just arrived home from a few days away which included a couple of rounds of 5 stand using my ST 12 ga. Repro.
Best part of my break away was catching up with a few 'long lost' friends ... worst part, my gun 'doubled' twice during the 50 target shoot.
The shells used were 1170 F.P.S 1oz loads and it's only been about 300 shots since my local 'smith cleaned the action internals and dis-connected the auto safety. ( During this time the gun has performed without fault. )
For about the last 6 months I have been using a Beretta U/O for my target shooting and I suppose I have grown accustomed to the trigger on the Beretta and found the Repros trigger to be extremely light in comparison, so much so, that a few of the early targets escaped due to a premature trigger pull.

I wonder if ... The gun needs to go back to the 'smith for a more thorough clean, or if the doubling may have been my fault on the trigger, or if it's possible some other problem exists.

Need to get on on top of this one, starting with some experienced advice from fellow Parker Gun enthusiasts.
Tony Guccioni is offline   Reply With Quote