View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #5
Bill Jolliff
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,181 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Eis View Post
That's all Rich loads and I am sure will respond when he get's back from the Wisc. shoot this weekend, I think he is coming back on Monday. Harold you may want to post again on Monday so Rich see's this thread.
Harold,

In the meantime if you have an interest, I load 20 gauge RST 2 1/2 inch hulls in both 3/4 and 1/2 ounce lead loads which work fine. I load them for a 2 1/2" chambered 20 gauge Fox. I think the RST hulls are the same as Cheddites. And I use a MEC 20 gauge Sizemaster.

For my 3/4 ounce loads, I use a MEC #18 powder bushing that drops 14.3 grains of Alliant 20/28 powder, a Claybuster 1075-20 neon green wad and Remington primers. Other primers would work just as well I'm sure. This will give you about 1200 fps at around 7200 psi according to Alliant's recipe.

Same thing but using International Clays powder and a MEC #20 bushing will drop around 13.0 grains of powder and this seems to work OK too.

If you have an interest in what I use for 1/2 ounce loads, I would be happy to post that also.

I might add that I leave the settings on my MEC Sizemaster for my 2 3/4 inch loads but place an 1/8th inch thick spacer under the pre-crimp and final crimp stations for the 2 1/2 inch RST hulls. I do not use the MEC Short Kit.

I scrounge my 2 1/2 inch 12 and 20 gauge RST hulls from the hull buckets at the HHH shoot in PA in June. If you'd like to try a few, let me know. I load 2 1/2 inch 12 gauge loads too.
Bill Jolliff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Jolliff For Your Post: