View Single Post
SST to DT conversion on a Reproduction
Unread 01-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,621 Times in 990 Posts

Default SST to DT conversion on a Reproduction

I received my 20-ga. Parker Repro back today from Keith Kearcher who did a conversion from a SST to a DT using original Parker Bros. triggers. Keith told me that he has done 7 or 8 of these conversions so far and mentioned that he only had one or two trigger sets left. It was reported here earlier that this conversion results in losing the automatic safety feature, Kearcher assured me that this is not the case. I prefer my doubles to have manual safeties, so the auto safety feature had been disabled prior to sending the gun to him. This ST gun originally had a 14 1/8" LOP and was returned with a 14 3/4" LOP, the SST mechanism was also returned, which makes the procedure reversible if one chooses.

For comparison purposes I'm attaching 3 pics, the converted gun is the upper gun in the 1st two photos, the middle gun is another 20-ga. Repro w/orig. DT's and the bottom gun is an original Parker Bros. DH. You'll note atleast two things on the converted gun: 1) one of the slots in the trigger plate for the SST mechanism is longer than what a DT gun requires--which leaves about a 5/16" void and 2) SST guns have two screw heads visible in the "Y" area directly behind and under the trigger guard---these screw heads are not present on originally equipped DT guns, but are necessarily present on the converted gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SST to DT 001.jpg (530.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SST to DT 005.jpg (533.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg SST to DT 007 - Copy.jpg (513.2 KB, 22 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: