Thread: Rainy day guns?
View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #45
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,400 Times in 598 Posts

In 1972 I met a gentleman who I became good friends with. We were talking about hunting and guns one day in his game room and he was showing me his dad's Greener and winchester. I saw a double in a bunch off pool cues in the corner and asked ''whats that'' oh dad bought that for my sister but she does not shoot so I have it. A DHE 410 skeet in skeet out. I told him it was the most valuable gun he had and it should be secured. He had given me his dads safe when we cleaned out his house so for the next 20 years it stayed with me with the admonition to ''use it, the people that made it made it to use, it would be an insult to them not to''. So use it I did, skeet, woodcock, 1 grouse and many rabbits. He finally moved to NH. and got a safe and after a few years consigned it to auction. It sold well and he sent me a check saying '' I would have never known unless you had seen it'' I think of him often, he was a very unusual man, made his own coffin and I cracked up at his funeral when I saw it because he could never sand a corner square. I hope a member here owns this gun now if so pm me and I will give you the name and information on the owner. He was also kind enough to leave me the Greener.

Last edited by Daniel Carter; 10-14-2019 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Add last sentence
Daniel Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Carter For Your Post: