View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #21
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,392 Times in 682 Posts

Here are PGCA Research Letters on two VH 16-gauge guns.

The 1907 0-frame has an Order Book No. 74 “requested” weight of 6 ¼ to 6 ¾ pounds.

The 1925 1-framed gun the Stock Book No. 75 “specifies” a 6 pounds 8 ounces gun.

On my postal scale I am looking at about 6 ¼ pounds for the 0-frame and 6 ¾ for the 1-frame, so ½ pound difference.

Karl: I discern a visual difference in the two receivers, and slight weight difference overall.

As for balance, no difference; maybe because the two-inch longer barreled 1-frame has barrels struck more “flared” (or swamped?)-looking toward the breach.

Alfred’s postulate about “a little extra attention” with the 0-frames motivated me to compare the two guns in that regard. The 0-frame wood is without question reasonably interesting on both sides; and the 1-frame definitely less interesting on the left side and very plain on the right.

I exact additional dividends from my gun purchases when these questions are raised. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker.16gauge,VH.141171..26.inch.jpg (500.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Parker.VH.16.ga.215019.letter.jpg (500.5 KB, 2 views)