View Single Post
Hello from Pittsburgh (new to me Trojan)
Unread 07-28-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
Matthew Hutchison
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Hello from Pittsburgh (new to me Trojan)

Hi everyone. New guy here. I've always been a huge fan of doubles and have built a small collection of lower-grade Foxes, LC Smiths and Ithacas over the last 20 years. My goal with all of the guns I collect (rifles included) is to find the best untouched examples to be had, regardless of grade. My rule is: Always buy, never sell. It's an addiction (I'm sure all can relate).

Well, I broke my rule about buying untouched guns over the weekend when I came across this Parker Trojan. The seller had no history on it what-so-ever. I bought it realizing that it has been redone (new stock as well?), but it was too pretty to pass up. I plan to use it as a shooter on fair-weather days and perhaps take a few cracks at some clay birds. The bores are bright and it locks up like I'd expect. Haven't measured bores yet but I assume mod/full.

Your site tells me it was birthed in 1927. I'm not in it too deeply. I paid $1500 for it and don't think I made out too badly. I'd be interested in your opinions...my feelings won't be hurt! I'm here to learn. Honest feedback welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0080.jpg (519.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0109.jpg (480.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0112.jpg (476.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0115.jpg (473.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0113.jpg (487.5 KB, 2 views)
Matthew Hutchison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew Hutchison For Your Post: