View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

I received mine yesterday. An amazing history of Austin S. Hogan (our Austin's father) and fly-fishing in the Northeast from some of the earlier decades of the last century.

I will have a color advertisement in the Winter Issue of Parker Pages - it didn't quite make it into the Fall Issue which is being mailed today.

This has been nearly a life-long project for Austin W. and I remember about five or six years ago as Kathy and I were driving the gravel road in to Ernie Hausmann's we met Austin driving out to pick up Pam at her relative's home. We chatted for a few minutes and I could see he was pretty excited. He said, "Dean, I've finished the manuscript for my book." upon which he lifted it from the seat beside him and showed me a couple of pages.

This book is handsomely printed and published using the highest quality of materials and inks. It is every bit as nicely published as "The Parker Story" which was also published by Double Gun Journal.

497 pages of fly-fishing wonderment! To Austin - and I hope he's looking down smiling - I say Congratulations on the completion of your dream!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4445.jpg (521.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4438.jpg (529.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4442.jpg (515.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4439.jpg (509.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4440.jpg (500.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4443.jpg (455.8 KB, 6 views)

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: