Unread 07-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,239 Times in 12,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Flanigan View Post
There are great one's out there of course other than Brain. Turnbull restores guns to new and probably the others too. Although, I'm sure that they will do "untouched" if you ask them. Brian seems to have an affinity for untouched, which is what I like and admire. Turnbull does great work, but a 100 year old gun restored to new doesn't look right to me. Its a bit out of place in my perspective which is why I would never buy a fully restored gun by anyone. To each his own, but I like guns to look like they were cared for but not brand spanking new.

Have you seen any of the ones Dewey has done? I was shown a GH with Damascus barrels and a fishtail lever on a 1 frame that I would swear to this day was a 'used' original that had simply been 'well cared for'..... If I didn't know better. Dewey had "created" this gun from three other GH beaters - barrels from one, buttstock and frame from another and forend and butt plate from a third and I simply could not tell it was a 'put together' gun.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: