View Single Post
Moose Black Eye
Unread 01-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #9
Twice Shooter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Moose Black Eye

One Sunday morning in Anchorage I was reading the paper and happened to glance out my front window and noticed a cow moose about 2 years old in my neighbors drive way. I raided the refrigerator and collected carrots and celery and went to the front porch and called it. It had been in the neighborhood for a while and was pretty tame. It came over and I fed it by hand and scratched it's ears and rubbed its neck for a while. When the food was gone I went back inside. It hung around for a while and left.

That evening I noticed it on the walkway right outside the front window. We had some tossed salad left from dinner so I took it and starting feeding the moose again. It was in a Tupperware bowl and the moose was eating from the bowl. That wasn't fast enough so I took the salad from the bowl and started feeding it by hand. That still wasn't fast enough so I went down the steps (4 steps if I remember right) and hit the bowl against the cement walkway to knock the salad out. That made a pretty loud noise which must have frightened the moose. She threw her right front foot forward and caught me squarely in the left eye. The blow knocked me up the steps against the front door. After the stars went away I went back inside and I haven't fed a moose since. Irene thought my moose black eye was beautiful. And she still has a picture of it.
Tom Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom Carter For Your Post: