View Single Post
Damascus in my future
Unread 07-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #1
Keith Doty
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Damascus in my future

After an youth spent reading the warning on every box of shells a paper route income could purchase I had always relegated anything with Damascus barrels to wall hanger status. After exposure to current company I find many are regularly shooting (and surviving) some really beautiful guns I had always been scared of. I fear that my next gun may well be a Damascus Parker!
Problem: I know little or nothing about them. Obviously whatever I purchase I want to shoot with confidence and know the barrel condition is everything in that regard. Is there a MWT rule of thumb that differs from steel barrels, what's considered safe? What is considered "safe" pressure range per gauge? Are there things to avoid unique to this type of barrel?
My understanding is Kirk Merrington (sp) here in Texas is one of the experts highly thought of. Others in this region?
I'd truly like the learning experience to be as painless as possible, DON'T want to end up with a beautiful wall decoration! Any help here is appreciated.
Keith Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Doty For Your Post: