View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

I wasn't offering the Jostam Sponge Pad for sale, they are difficult to find and I try to collect these things in case I need one in the future. If Mark Vollinger is offering you the Jostam Hy-Gun, I'd take that.

Neat pads, Drew. I have an old Jostam catalog. The Jostams are soft and mash down when the gun is stored butt down. The leather faced Jostam is a real find. I've seen them on a B and an A grade but never NOS. Like the Kansas pictures Drew? Thought you might, especially since Phoenix is furnace weather now. We had one fellow, 52, drop dead of massive heart failure and could not be revived despite immediate CPR and AEF efforts. Two riders hit the ground and ended with broken collarbones. We had maybe 10 MD's along for the ride, you might know some of them.

Quail seem to be all over the place right now. My son lives by the KC airport and he sees them everytime he walks the dog. We had them in the backyard the other day and Charlie had one fly into his picture window and break its neck. I heard them along about every fencerow on the ride across the state.

Last edited by Bruce Day; 06-16-2009 at 11:22 PM..
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote