View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #9
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,830 Times in 2,017 Posts

Thanks all for your opinions. This thread ties in nicely with Craigs on current gun values. The old gent had a Blue Book which listed it at $4500-5500,so he thought $5000 asking price. I am not at all interested in it at that price. Could buy a nice DH for that price.
I am also concerned that maybe it has been media blasted as Brian opinioned--that's what I thought also Brian. All my my old Parkers are bright silver with wear, not the flat "French gray" that this appears to be. He got the gun from a well to do furniture family in exchange for painting their house when he was in his 30's--he is now 86. Says he has never done anything with it, rarely shot it.
It is a 20 ga Parker, and thus somewhat desirable, but still just another "shooter". It is as " tight as a tick" in lock up, very much on face. Would be a great 20 ga pheasant gun with those chokes.

I had originally thought it a 2500 dollar gun, maybe worth more but not too much more to me. May make him an offer, I can see his house from mine.