Unread 11-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,601 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
That's a sweet little 28 Garry!

It's a mite colder on this Nov. opener in Vermont than any opener I can remember but I'll survive just fine - I've sat out there when it was -12 several years ago and took a fine young buck. I'll be sitting on the ground in the starlight with the mercury at 0 or a couple of degrees below... waiting for shooting light. I've had a trail camera overlooking my 'hot spot' for almost two weeks. I'll get there on Friday afternoon and pull the SD card and slip a new one in its place. Back at camp I'll see what I have captured... I'll share the best pics here.

Incidentally, if you just can't bring yourself to be disloyal to the 20, just send the 28 this way. I can provide a loving, caring home for it.
Dean, your deer set-up sounds idyllic and I wish you an enjoyable sit (whether you get the "big one" of not). Retired life is pretty sweet, eh? The simple pleasures close to home are worth more than any amount of money. I'm looking forward to your pictures from the trail camera -- and your hunt.

As for the 28, I'm sure you would shoot it better than I and it might like you better. It's like when the dog gives you a dirty look when you miss an easy shot over one of their nice points. Fortunately, my dogs...and my guns...have learned to tolerate my shooting.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: