Thread: SBT toplevers
View Single Post
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #19
Robt. Harris
PGCA Member

Member Info

Mike,

Can't say it's any better looking than the one of yours that you've shared here on occasion. That is also some very lovely wood.

As for a letter, I've been somewhat reluctant, based on a lettered 'D' grade 16 ga. w/32inch barrels that's only about 1K serial numbers away from this one. It left Meriden in October of 1929, the month of the great stock market crash. The PGCA letter for that one said there was little information available in that serial no. range, and only provided such basic info as stock dimensions, weight, gauge, barrel length, and steel type. Such information I already know for this gun, but I should probably pony up and join PGCA Collectors (again) to see if there is any additional info regarding who may have ordered such a gun. Whoever did, did not get (or want) to use it much.......

I initially joined PGCA in 1995, as member no. 161, but let it lapse about the time the group was going through some internal struggles that we don't need to resurrect. I'm pleased to see PGCA on such an even keel presently and will likely re-up if only to see how 'The Parker Pages' compare to those I saved twenty years ago.

At any rate, a personal 'Thank You' for your kind help in formatting those early photos for inclusion here.

All Best,

Rob
Robt. Harris is offline   Reply With Quote