Unread 12-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #14
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,559 Times in 3,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post

Geeez I've only been on the face of the earth 57 1/2 years

I suppose you could say I took to the trees a little later then some . I used to lay between two blow down trees . Dunno if I ever got one at 12 feet but if I haven't I didn't miss it by much .

I really enjoy sitting in a climbing treestand 30-35 feet up . Strapped in etc , I've taken many many naps up that high . I've got 6 or 7 climbers that you'd have to make a concerted effort to fall out of .

In the last 10 years I've gotten to where I like deer hunting/driving with some friends the last 2 or 3 days of the season . That's more of a social thing , although a deer or two are killed some years .

I also occasionally like the pop up covered ground blinds ESPECIALLY if it's raining . Been known to take a nap or two inside one of those things sitting in a bag chair while it's pouring outside .
The nap in the woods while deer hunting has to be one of God's greatest gifts to humankind!
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: