View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #12
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
I have spent fifty-six Vermont deer seasons still-hunting and sitting on my Therm-a-Seat 1” foam pad (just like yours Frank, and made right here in MA) sometimes in the same place year after year, but usually where I find a lot of activity. I always carry pruning clippers so I can make the best of a new spot or where there is new growth in an old spot.
I don’t trust myself in a tree stand even with a full body harness. Sitting in the right spot on the ground is just the ticket for me.

I shot a buck at 12 feet from where I sat that never knew I was there.

Geeez I've only been on the face of the earth 57 1/2 years

I suppose you could say I took to the trees a little later then some . I used to lay between two blow down trees . Dunno if I ever got one at 12 feet but if I haven't I didn't miss it by much .

I really enjoy sitting in a climbing treestand 30-35 feet up . Strapped in etc , I've taken many many naps up that high . I've got 6 or 7 climbers that you'd have to make a concerted effort to fall out of .

In the last 10 years I've gotten to where I like deer hunting/driving with some friends the last 2 or 3 days of the season . That's more of a social thing , although a deer or two are killed some years .

I also occasionally like the pop up covered ground blinds ESPECIALLY if it's raining . Been known to take a nap or two inside one of those things sitting in a bag chair while it's pouring outside .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post: