View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #47
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
i saw a really nice model 12 a 20 ga today...price was 900a little to much probably but gun looked like new and no refinish that i could tell.if i woulda had a spare of 900 she woulda been mine.... charlie
Yep, $900 is a little dear for a 20 gauge model 12, but a new Ithaca in 20 gauge I think costs around there. I just bought a bran new Wingmaster in 20 for $600. I saw a few nice 20's in Guns International yesterday for something like $500, but that ain't hay either.

I have a pretty nice 20 model 12, but it's got one of those Power Packs on it and I'm wondering if it would pass a plastic wad on threw. There is about a one inch gap between the muzzle and the base of the choke tube. It needs a good cleaning inside because she hesitates when I jack the action after a shot. I don't know if I'm up to stripping down another model 12 right now. I think I paid $625 for it 15 years ago....way too much, but that is the story of my life.

I'll have to break out my 20 gauge and take a pic of it along side the 12 and 16. A Model 12 20, is a fast little gun, but so is the Wingmaster and it is a much simplier gun.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote