Thread: Setter/GSP
View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #15
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Norman View Post
I have a friend with a gsp and like legh mentions, he is more of a "one man dog" my brittany loves everybody, and hunting birds more than anything. He is a snuggler too. I know the guys that have setters that I talk to can't imagine ever owning another kind of dog. My first and only bird dog is my brittany, and I can't imagine ever owning another type of bird dog unless I go look at one of Dean Romigs posts This should confuse you even more, I think no matter what kind of dog you get, he will enrich your life. Kirk if your ever up my way (kalkaska) look me up if the time is right I would be glad to show off my bird dog
I reread my own post, my buddy does have a gsp that is a "one man dog" I should of said while he is hunting. The breeder of my brittany has a young female that is similar, she gets aggressive towards other dogs that go near him while they are out in the woods hunting. Its the strangest thing, she is getting better now, she just did not want to share him with any other dog. I wanted to clarify my "one man dog" statement, that could include any breed, I think most breeds are very loyal, and loving in general. I do not have a lot of experience in bird hunting dogs, I just listen to what my friends say about the breeds they have. Most of them love whatever type of breed they have they just love those dogs and would not trade them for anything. Hope this makes sense
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote