Thread: Setter/GSP
View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #11
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I've had two English setters in my life both were hand me downs and in my younger years I didn't know better. I have many friends with them and they all hunt well. They also spend an inordinate amount of time at the end of the day combing burrs and tangles out of them.

I have hunted GSP for over 30 years. I have had more good ones than bad ones and three that were exceptional. I don't buy into the one man dog scenario as all of mine have been friendly and loved people. They are a versatile breed and can hunt any upland game bird you desire.

With either one look for a dependable breeder ask for references and socialize the pup. With love, understanding and patience you won't go wrong with either breed.

Here is a picture of Ike at 15 months hunting quail in Georgia this January. I think he will develop into my fourth exceptional shorthair.

By the way Gunner is the GSP in my avatar. He was the finest companion anyone good ask for. He even got his own Parker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1039.JPG (46.3 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1052.JPG (131.9 KB, 190 views)