View Single Post
1929 Parker VHE Restored by Brad Bachelder
Unread 02-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,233 Posts

Default 1929 Parker VHE Restored by Brad Bachelder

Last April I shipped to Brad Bachelder a 1929 vintage Parker VHE w/28 inch barrels choked mod and improved for re-stocking and case coloring. I had previously purchased this Parker from the estate of a close friend of mine. The gun was originally purchased by Henry F. Tenney a noted Illinois lawyer and close friend of Adlai Stevenson. Tenney had bought it for his wife and had the stock cut back significantly. Even with a pad installed it did not fit me correctly so I decided to have it re-stocked and re-cased. Before shipping the gun to Brad, I went up to Covey and Nye and had Lars measure me. I have to say Brad's work is exceptional and he and his family are a pleasure to do business with. His colors in my opinion come as close as I have seen to Parker original colors as I compare them to other original Parkers in my small collection, But let's let the attached pictures tell the real story, I've asked Dean to post my pictures as I'm having difficulty with my PC right now in posting/uploading pics.
allen newell is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post: