View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

Here is some more information. I hunted with Bob Hayes a member of PGCA that owns Little Lake Lodge. Bob was able to film much of the hunt. The Parker is my a Quality R that was shipped to Philadelphia in 1903. It has 36” Twist barrels. LOP of 14” and a drop at heel of 2 3/4”. A special request to pattern using Goose shot. The gun weighs 13 lb. 2 oz. This gun was case colored before I purchased it over 5 years ago. The wood had been poorly refinished so off it came and it was sent to Chris to be rechecked and refinished. The barrel was sent to Buck Hamlin for refinish. Yep its a restored gun, but ended up being better than I found it and shoots great.
The shells were loaded by Tom Armbrust and the loads are as follows.
Winchester clear Industrial hull with the plastic base. Win. 209 primer, 31.5 gr of Hodgdon International clays, Remington Sp-8, 1 3/4 oz of #4 shot. 6 fold crimp 1223 FPS and 8880 PSI.
The Gobbler shot at 35 yards went down like he was hit with a bat. The other Gobblers that came in with him went to gobbling and Spurring him as he flopped around from the pellets to the head.
That sure gets the old heart jump started. Not sure of the weight but he had a nice thick beard of a lenght of 9”.
To add a little extra spice I was able to shoot some Bobwhites over a Great Llewellin English Setter.
I also went along as an observer on a Swamp buggy while a 2 of Bob’s guides took out 3 hunters hunting hogs. Chasing them with them with dogs. Pretty cool. 3 hogs were taken.

Last edited by Phillip Carr; 03-10-2018 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Sp.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: